05 August 2016

More Yorkshire records at Findmypast

The baptisms, banns, marriages and burials added to the record collections for Yorkshire are mainly for Catholic parishes. The exception is for baptisms in the Church of England in Rotherham.

Catholic records are for Doncaster, St Peter in Chains, Knaresborough, St Mary, Rotherham, St Bede, Sheffield, St Marie Cathedral, Sheffield, St Vincent and Staveley and St Joseph.

With these additions there are now 4,443,252 baptisms, 562,488 banns,  2,483,696 marriages and 3,998,948 burials in the Findmypast Yorkshire collection.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have 4 mo. remaining on my World ancestry.com subscription. Are there enough different records on FMP that would make it worth taking out a 2nd. sub? I'm researching Scotland, England, N.Ireland primarily. I think I've exhausted A.com for my direct lines. Thanks! I enjoy your articles, Peggy on Vancouver Island.